Saturday 24 January 2009

Week 24 William Eggleston

I watched a short video on William Eggleston who is the photographer who got colour photography accepted as an art form. But the the part that interested me was he was discussing how he was upset that everything around him was ugly, so a friend told him to take photographs of the ugly things. this really interested me as I am sometimes complaining about how there is nothing to take photographs of. 

My placement search has also taken a step up as a friend of mine is good friends with the managing editor of Wonderland Magazine and has put in a good word for me, really hope this goes through as I am so excited about this opportunity to work at an amazing magazine and interested in the contacts that I could potentially meet here. 

The Video of William Eggleston

No comments: