Tuesday 13 January 2009

Week 20 Wildlife Photographer of the Year

Went to the Wildlife photographer of the year award exhibition at the museum, the standard of photography is really high and the photographs that interested me the most were the ones shot underwater with flashes. 
so I looked into this whole area of photography, found out that warm colours are absorbed if you dive to as deep as about 50 feet which is why most underwater photography is done either wide angled with the subject in the foreground or macro close up shots, and to eliminate as much water as possible, I would love to do some underwater photography and was always a keen watcher of David Attenborough documentaries whilst I was young, I just don't think I am going to be able to finance this for a while, but it was interesting to learn about this other side of photography.

Below One of the photographs from the exhibition.

No comments: