Wednesday 31 March 2010

A conversation with Rut Blees Luxemberg and David Campany

Last Week I went to a conversation between German photographer Rut Blees Luxemberg and photographer/critic David Campany. The great part of the talk was that it was a conversation which originally came about for when the two would go around London to the spots where Rut had photographed with a lightbox and the transparency and discuss the work. I originally came about her work as a result of the album covers for Bloc Party and The Streets and it was interesting to hear Rut when discussing these pictures she said she had "Sold Out". I guess this was the main reason that interested me in this talk was that it was to discuss Rut's photography and not the industry or "Commercial" aspects of photography. I really liked the tube station pictures done in centenary celebrations of the stations designed by architect Charles Holden. `David Campany is exactly how I thought he would be a great critic on the medium and an amazing talker.

Images © Rut Blees Luxemberg



No comments: