Monday 11 May 2009

London - Placement

Right i'm in London at the moment and about half way through my placement, I am currently working at Skinnydip and I have had great fun Street casting for a new catalogue for a large US company that is moving to the UK, I have also been meetin Art Buyers and other potential clients and delivering portfolio's to them, had a look through some great photographers work and it was really interesting to see the work produced at A3 size. Also had a sneek peak at Lawrence Watson's new book done in conjunction with Adidas. Containing some of his images from the last 25 years which has seen him work for the NME whilst Rap started to boom and develop strong friendships with bands like Oasis and Paul Weller over the years. This body of work is also going to make an exhibition running from 30th of May to the 7th of june at the londonNewcastle Project Space. Tommorrow of to Assist Stephan Morgan which I am really excited about.

Also fellow peer Toby Roberts has put together a book containing all of us year 1 photographers at the AIB, it's a really great idea and I know Toby has put in a lot of leg work to get this together, so I want to thank him for doing that. You can have a preview and purchase it here.

No comments: